Peggy Loyd, Director of Library Services
(505) 632-0876 Fax
333 S. 1st Street
Bloomfield, NM 87413
|Monday - Thursday||9:00 am - 6:30 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
Toddler Story Time
Wednesdays 10:30 am - 11:00 am
B.L.A.S.T. (Bloomfield Library After School Time)
Tuesdays 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Your first Bloomfield Public Library card is FREE and gives access to Bloomfield Public Library and Aztec Public Library.
You will need to show valid photo identification with your current mailing address. Can be one of the following:
• Driver's license issued by a state in the U.S. • Photo ID issued by a state in the U.S. • United States Military ID Card • United States Passport • Matricula Consular Card issued by Mexico
If your photo identification does not show current mailing address, another piece of documentation will be necessary to establish your address. This can be ONE of the following:
• A recent piece of mail with your name and address; • A rental agreement showing name and mailing address; • A vehicle registration or insurance document with your name and current mailing address; • Any other recent documentation showing your name and mailing address.
Applicants 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with a valid library card in order to obtain their own card. These cards can be issued at the same time. A replacement Library Card is $2.
• Patron must present a library card in good standing to check out material. • Up to 20 items may be borrowed on one card. • Only two DVDs may be checked out at a time. • Books check out for 21 days. • DVDs check out for 7 days.
Bloomfield Library's online catalog: ⇛ https://bloomfield.biblionix.com
The Bloomfield Community Library sees access to the Internet as another resource for information, and seeks to provide public access to Internet resources. While recognizing that the Internet provides access to a vast array of tools and resources for different age levels and points of view, the library does not act in place of the parent and is not responsible for enforcing any restriction that a parent or guardian may place on a minor’s use of this resource. The library will not monitor nor control the information accessed through the Internet and will not be held responsible for its content. Patrons use the computer at their own discretion. Not all resources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information. Any inappropriate use will be dealt with at the discretion of the staff.
Misuse of Computers and Internet Access
• Regular computer users must have a current, unrestricted public library card. Guest passes can be issued in accordance with local policy. • Patrons must use their own library card for access to computers. • A parent or guardian must accompany children under age 7 at all times (age 5 at the Bloomfield child computers). • The library will limit the number of patrons present at any computer at any one time in order to enforce code of conduct and consideration for other patrons using the facilities.
Consequences of Misuse
• The Internet will not be used to make sexist or racist insults or hate messages. • Profanity and pornography will not be tolerated. • Chain letters or pyramid schemes are illegal in most cases and will not be allowed. • Transmission of libelous material is illegal and senders may be prosecuted. • We accept and abide by the U.S. Copyright law and the Berne Convention. Illegal distribution of software and other copyright material is not permitted. Patrons may not upload or copy text, graphics, sound files or software without permission of the copyright holder. • Internet access will not be used to infiltrate other computer systems (Hacking). • Knowingly spreading worms and viruses will not be tolerated. • Obtaining the passwords and files of other patrons, or otherwise violating the privacy of other patrons, will not be tolerated.
Any intentional damage to either the software or hardware on library computers will result in immediate and permanent suspension of the right to use the computers. Viewing of illegal materials, such as child pornography, will result in permanent suspension and possible prosecution.
Board MembersChair: Kathy Schlapp
Vice Chair: James Akley
Secretary: Cristine Kidd
Member: Linda Herman
Member: Currently Vacant
The Library Board meets at:Bloomfield Cultural Center's large meeting room
333 S. 1st Street
Bloomfield, NM 87413
El Portal is a collection of databases that provide free 24/7 access to resources such as newspapers, magazine and journal articles, and books such as encyclopedias. Materials are available for all age ranges and interests. ⇛ elportalnm.org
OverDrive - New Mexico Library To Go Downloadable books! ⇛ nm.overdrive.com
Searching for books in English or Spanish using criteria such as interest level, title, author, fiction/nonfiction, subject, award-winners, state lists, and more. ⇛ www.arbookfind.com
Public domain recordings of public domain literature. Plays anywhere! ⇛ librivox.org Want 30,000 free ebooks? Download to your own device using PDFs, HTML, epub, Mobipocket and more. Enjoy! ⇛ www.gutenberg.org Geni is solving the problem of genealogy and building the definitive online family tree. IN-LIBRARY ONLY for Geni Pro. ⇛ www.geni.com